Saturday, December 8, 2007

You Must Not Know 'Bout Me

Beyonce's Irreplaceable. I could listen to this song on repeat for hours (and I do). It got me through my graduate school application and many late night study sessions. The song's about a girl who kicks her boyfriend out by saying,

You must not know 'bout me, You must not know 'bout me, I could have another you by tomorrow, So don't you ever for a second get to thinkin', You're irreplaceable.

Once again, I was inspired by words that I created:

Baby I won't shed a tear for you, I'll lose the weight you see, 'Cause the truth of the matter is, Replacing you is so easy.

I'm not kicking out my boyfriend (I happen to LOVE the one I'm with), I'm kicking out my old self. That's right old me -- I'll have another me by tomorrow, in fact, she'll be here in a minute. So, Go ahead and get gone...You can pack all your bags we're finished.

So there.

1 comment:

anna said...

this song is totally inspiring to me! i have loved it for a long time. last fall i ran to it every day with the same feeling, that i could have another another ME in a minute, matter fact she'll be here in a minute. THE NEW ME IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER...