Monday, January 28, 2008

Food Journal: Day 6

Ham & Cheese Omelet: 175
WW Toast: 125

Apple, Spinach, & Cottage Cheese Salad: 270 (never tire of these babies)

Mini-strone Soup: 150 (recipe above -- GOTTA TRY)
WW garlic Bread: 250

Dates: 130 (still lovin')
Pistachios: 170
Soup Crackers: 20

FHE Banana Cream Pie: 150 (recipe above -- QUICK FIX)

Overall, it was an OK eating day. I'd still like the calories to be a little lower at this point, but I'm working on it. I did GREAT at nibbling today, which was my goal. I'm especially enjoying the process right now -- finding, creating, making, calculating. My family is, too.

I'm not craving food during the day AT ALL, which has also been wonderful. I had often read about this 5 meal thing, but never gave it any thought because I just "couldn't do that." The irony is that I can, and for me it's much more satisfying than fewer, bigger meals. The main issue is letting go of the traditional BIG dinner. For me, this was usually the biggest meal. In the evening, I tend to be more anxious and tired. Add hunger to that and it was a recipe for overeating. By eating a meal before, the bottomless hunger is gone. Now, I just have to figure out how to stop enjoying the TASTE so much, and eat what's appropriate!

No comments: