Friday, February 1, 2008

Oatmeal Cookie-Cakes

These were so yummy this morning I thought I'd share. They tasted like warm cookies right from the oven. Add some chocolate chips on top and your kids will hardly notice the difference. Cookies for breakfast ~ Thanks Mom!

Oatmeal Cookie-Cakes

1/3 c. WW Flour
2 c. Rolled Oats
2 t. Brown Sugar
2 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Salt
2 Eggs, divided
2 c. Milk
1 T. Butter, melted
Chocolate Chips/Raisins, on top

Preheat skillet to medium. Blend dry ingredients. Beat Egg Whites until stiff. Beat Yolks, Milk, and Butter in separate bowl. Combine Oat and Milk bowls. Fold in Egg Whites. Brush skillet with Butter (use the Butter wrapper or a paper towel brushed over butter). Cook 3 to 5 minutes until top has a few holes. Add Chocolate Chips/Raisins, if desired. Flip and brown the other side.

Nutrition Information:
16 pancakes, 1 each, 72 calories, 2g fat, 252mg sodium, 1g fiber, 3g protein, 3% VA, 1% VC, 8% calcium, 3% iron (without toppings).

Tips:
Add some wheat germ, flax, or a little peanut butter for more fiber. I use less toppings when I put them on top during cooking and I can more evenly distribute (that can sometimes be an issue) or make designs, like smiley faces or rainbows. 1 -3 chocolate chips is usually plenty for my kids. Or, I use sugar sprinkles for color. A banana slice "nose" is always tasty, but my kids don't go for that as much.

No comments: